If you are feeling nervous while preparing for CA exams or the find the burden to be overwhelming, the first thing you need to know is – You are not alone!! The fear of exams is a feeling which all the CA students have in common.
You may be feeling lost, scared, or anxious as the challenge is humongous and the outcome is uncertain. You may get thoughts like –
- How will I finish my studies before the exam? Will I be able to remember all this?
- How have my friends revised twice while I am still on my first revision?
- I don’t think I will pass in this attempt, should I skip this attempt?
- How will I face my parents / friends if I fail?
If you can relate to this then YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!
Yes, you read that right. This is a part of the CA journey and every student goes through this phase. Rather it is a bit weird if you do not feel anxious/nervous at all. CA exams carry a ‘label’ of being extremely difficult. People idolize you just for choosing CA as your career path. This creates a perception that cracking CA exams is a near impossible task!
While the syllabus is vast and the passing rates are low, there are hundreds of students that pass in each attempt. You can also increase your chances of success exponentially by using the correct strategy.
One of the most crucial aspects of this strategy is maintaining a calm mind. Any problem can be solved by using a structured approach –
- If you feel you may not be able to finish the subjects in time, make a fresh study plan. Get help from your mentors / teachers if needed.
- Tracking your progress daily will help to boost your confidence.
- If you find a particular subject to be difficult then give it more time. Solve past papers/RTPs/Test series, so that you cover a variety of topics and get an experience of the level of questions asked in the exams.
- If you find it difficult to retain theory, then you should read it multiple times. Take out some time each da y/week and do a simple reading like reading a story/novel. Multiple readings will help you in memory retention.
- If your friends are ahead of you in preparation, just ignore that thought and follow your own schedule. Everyone has a different speed and method.
After following the above, if you still feel nervous, remind yourself that the outcome is still in your hands! You just need to keep on studying and make the best of all the time you have before the exams.
You don’t need to be a master of the entire syllabus to pass the exam. You don’t need to score 100/100 you can pass even by getting 50/100. Logically speaking, you have a great chance of passing even if you make mistakes in the exam.
To quote from the movie Rocky – “It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”
This is equally applicable for your CA exams. You just need to believe in yourself and keep on studying. You should keep moving ahead with the belief that you have everything that it takes win and one fine day – You will be a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT!
Let us help you ace your CA Preparation, Pinnacle Education wishing you success!